Thursday, September 13, 2012

Abs

It has always been my policy to not really work abs very much.  I am blessed to have a small waist and have always been afraid that doing much ab work would make my abs thick.  But since I'm doing something completely new with my lifting program, I figure I might as well jump WAY out of my comfort zone and start doing some serious ab work.  I found a great ab workout on my favorite fitness website, bodybuilding.com.  It is Obi Obadike's ab routine and is designed to really grow some abs that will POP!  So what the heck; I decided to go for it.  Since the Super Squats program only has me lifting two to three times a week, I figure I will skip abs on those days and work them on the days in between.  So yesterday I did about 30 minutes worth of nothing but abs, and this morning, well, they HURT.  Bad.  I love, love, love the pain.  I don't think they've ever hurt like this before.

Here is the link to the article, which lists the exact routine I'm doing. 

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-ripped-dude-how-do-i-get-3d-abs.html?mcid=facetraining

And here is a picture of the dude who wrote the workout:




There were a couple of the exercises that I didn't get to do because of time constraints, but believe me, I knew they'd already been put through enough torture for one day.  I'll be doing HIIT this afternoon which will work them even more.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment