Friday, April 3, 2015

Success in April

'Tis the beginning of April, and time to set myself up for success this month! At the beginning of each month, Ben and I take inventory of our current supplement stock and figure out what we need to purchase from Bodybuilding.com for the month. Doing this saves us time and money. We only have to place one order for the whole month so there are no unnecessary shipping fees (although, truth be told, they're minimal) and also prevents us running out of something we really need and having to go without for a couple days, or worse yet, spending way more to buy elsewhere. 

I'm always an open book, so as I progressively get more lean and continue to progress, I thought I would start sharing with you what I buy each month to help me reach my goals.

(NOTE: I'm well stocked on Fitness Model/Writer Jamie Eason's protein and NLA for Her Uplift (my preworkout) right now, so I didn't purchase either of those this time around.)

So here is what I bought:

1.) Protein Bars: I got two boxes of Oh Yeah! Victory Bars. They have the consistency of Quest bars. The chocolate chip cookie dough bars and peanut butter chip bars are my faves. I also purchased a few bars that I haven't tried before. I am a protein bar junkie and love to try new ones. I have no willpower around protein bars, though, so my husband has graciously offered to hide them from me and give me my daily ration so I don't overdo it. I did exercise some measure of willpower when I only bought two boxes instead of four, though. :-)  http://bit.ly/ohyeahvictory

2.) Labrada Elasti-joint: This one is for my husband. He's been using it consistently for years and it really helps him. If you have any joint issues at all, give it a shot. He really likes the grape flavor. http://bit.ly/elastijoint

3.) BCAAs: MusclePharm Amino1 in Cherry Limeade Flavor. I had been taking my BCAAs in pill form for a few months because I had a BUNCH of them and because they're much more affordable (although way more difficult to drink). My coach recommended that during contest prep, I go back to the drink form, and what coach says, Rachel does...at least I try. ;-) http://bit.ly/amino1_mp

4.) Probiotic: Trace Mineral Probiotics. I just recently started taking these and within a short period of time I noticed a difference in how well my body functioned. This was also something I added upon my coach's advice, and I'll probably never stop taking it. http://bit.ly/tmprobiotic

No comments:

Post a Comment