Monday, March 23, 2015

I QUIT! Just not yet...

Some days, I want to quit. Throw in the towel. Raise the white flag. Being a mom is hard. Working out is hard. Running a business is hard. Being CONSISTENT is hard. But you know what? Nothing worth having or worth doing is easy. It's just not. As I prepare for my competition, which is now only about 12 weeks away, I think, "there's no way." I can barely make time to get to the gym, and often, it just seems too difficult. But it's important to me. I've set a deadline, I've set a goal, and I WILL achieve it. I won't do it at the expense of family time. I won't do it at the expense of my metabolism. I won't do it at the expense of friendships. I will do it because I know I can do it right this time. For those who are busy, I will tell you that it's unlikely you are busier than me. For those who struggle with your eating habits, I will tell you that it's unlikely you struggle more than me. For those who have a tendency to be lazy, I will tell you that it's unlikely you tend to be lazier than me. But I am not one to walk away from a commitment. I'm just not going to do it. I want to set an example for those of you who struggle every single day. I want you to look at me and say, "Wow, I KNOW she had a hard time. I KNOW it was difficult for her to achieve this goal. But she did it. And because she did it, I will set and achieve some goals of my own." So tonight, I will take my NLA for Her Uplift, head to the gym, and smash a workout with all the enthusiasm and energy I can muster at 9:30 p.m. Most of the time, I work out for myself. But tonight, I will work out for YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment